Monday 28 May 2007

Day 6 - A busy day off

Shopping, snoozing, laundry, bike cleaning and maintenance, more shopping, drying wet camping gear, uploading new photos arranging next hostels, planning route detours and eating of course.

The weather for the next 3 days is predicted to be seriously bad so I will not be cycling over the Grampians but along the coastal route Edinburgh to Aberdeen about 170 miles.

A friend of mine, Mike has very kindly agreed to accompany me on the last 2 day stretch up to Aberdeen, so tomorrow I'll leave early for St Andrews and then he will join me in the evening and we will set off early on Wednesday - I hope he has good wet weather gear!

It will be great to have someone to talk to for the journey and also draft behind. I am pretty sick of the voices that talk to me while I am cycling alone, currently I have a Welshman, whose annoying tones tell me to pedal harder, avoid that pothole, look at that dead rabbit. Well actually Mike is a Welshman too, but I hope he'll be more interesting than the one in my head!

No comments: